download free 30 days trial version buy simpledb explorer
Documentation   Download   Purchase   Support   FAQs    Forum    ScreenShots & Demos       

Restore from exported data

Support for SDBExplorer - A Simple Database Explorer for Amazon's SimpleDB

Restore from exported data

Postby paul.robinson » Jan 14th, '10, 14:35

Hello,

I would like to move my data from the US SimpleDB server to the EU SimpleDB server.

I have exported the data though SDB Explorer by right clicking on the domain and then selecting "Export Domain". This gives me an xml file full of all the data.

How can I take this data and then import it to a domain hosted on the EU SimpleDB server. I don't see any option to import data.

Thanks a lot,

Paul.
paul.robinson

Re: Restore from exported data

Postby Ashish Pancholi » Jan 15th, '10, 05:45

We have not yet provided IMPORT data option from XML to Amazon Simple DB but if you have, your data, that you would like to move, in MY SQL then it can be done using UPLOAD option. it's a good suggestion to provide either "IMPORT Data" OR "COPY/MOVE Domain" option. We will review your suggestion for the next release". Thanks Paul.
Ashish Pancholi

Postby Guest » Jan 15th, '10, 10:54

Thanks for the reply.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking for a tool to do the full backup/restore process. It seems like there are many people offering the backup, but very few the restore.

I get the impression that people seem to currently be happy with having a backup of their data that they know they could restore somehow should the need arise. I am a little more paranoid, I am a firm believer in the sentiments that a backup does not exist until you have successfully done a restore.

Also, I want to move my data from us-east to eu-west, so restore is kind of crucial for that too!

Thanks again,

Paul.

Postby Ashish Pancholi » Jan 18th, '10, 06:01

Thanks Paul. We are pleased to have you here, with your suggestion.
Ashish Pancholi

Return to Amazon SimpleDB